Nordscoot’s end-user warranty covers manufacturing or material defects in the electric vehicle that become apparent during normal use. The warranty period starts from the day you receive the product. The condition of the new product must be checked within 30 days of receival. The customer is always responsible for the cost of the new original packaging if the original packaging is no longer available.
This warranty applies only to electric vehicles purchased directly from Nordscoot for private customers and does not cover aftermarket or professional use. Warranty claims are being handled by contacting our customer service. https://nordscoot.com/fi/ota-yhteytta/#reklamaatio.
The warranty for electric vehicles is as follows:
Frame, including front and rear forks.
12 Months or 6,000 kilometres driven.
Battery and electrical components, including display, charger, motor and controller.
Other parts excluding wear parts.
Please note that normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty. Wear parts such as tyres, brake pads and discs, brake cables, charging connector, handlebar clamps, strut, handlebar brackets, external plastic parts, stickers, paint surfaces, loosening of the folding mechanism, loose screws/bolts/clamps, etc. are not covered by the warranty.
The guarantee can be transferred to a new owner, if all the provided original proof of purchase is transferred. The guarantee period is 12 months from the original delivery date.
The customer is responsible for checking the condition of his electric vehicle before each use and for its regular maintenance. Regular maintenance includes:
- Tyres: the tyre pressures of an electric vehicle must be checked before use. The correct pressure can be found in the user manual. Tyres should be checked regularly for wear and defects. Do not use the product if tyre pressures are low or defects are detected.
- Headlights: do not use the product if the headlights are not working.
- Ringbell: do not use the product if the ringbell does not work.
- Brakes: the brakes and related parts should be checked for wear before every ride. If the brakes are dirty, clean them before driving. The product must not be used if the brakes do not work properly or are worn out.
- Steering rod attachment and folding mechanism: check that all bolts, screws and fasteners are tight. Tighten them if necessary. The product must not be used if the fasteners are loose or damaged.
- Suspension: check if the springs need greasing or adjustment before driving.
- Frame: must be checked regularly. Check if cracks have appeared in the frame or chassis.
Nordscoot is only responsible for manufacturing and material defects that become apparent or are discovered during normal use. Product information such as top speed or range is not guaranteed, but is provided as a guide only. They do not qualify for a refund. Please read the accompanying user manual carefully before using the product.
The warranty does NOT cover the following situations:
- The product has not been purchased from Nordscoot.
- The guarantee period has been exceeded.
- Damage caused during use due to careless handling.
- The product has been modified in any way.
- The product has been damaged as a result of misuse, neglect or failure to follow instructions.
- Defects caused by excessive weight or load, handling or impact.
- Defects caused by extreme temperatures, fires, liquids, sand, snow or other substances.
- All electrical and material defects that are not due to a manufacturing defect.
- Defects due to normal wear and tear, ageing or accidents.
- The product has been used since the defects were detected.
- The product has not been properly maintained.
In addition to the above-mentioned warranty conditions, the warranty may be invalidated if the rules and recommendations below or the instructions in the user manual are not followed. Rules on maintenance, storage and charging of electric vehicles:
- Avoid completely draining the battery while driving.
- The electric vehicle must not be stored with a discharged battery. The recommended reserve for storage is 50-70%.
- Before charging, make sure that all parts (electric vehicle, charger and charging connector) are dry.
- After a long drive, allow the product to cool for an hour before charging.
- Use only the original charger supplied.
- Do not charge the battery for more than an hour after the charger has indicated that it is fully charged.
- Charge your electric vehicle in a dry environment, away from fire and direct sunlight.
- The battery charge level should be 50-70% during storage. Remember to charge the battery during extended storage (about every two months).
- The electric vehicle must be stored in a dry environment.
- Do not store your electric vehicle outdoors.
- Do not expose the electric vehicle to excessive rain or water.
- Do not use alcohol or other chemical solvents for cleaning.
- Do not use water pressure for cleaning. You can clean a waterproof device using a damp cloth.
- Before each use, check for error messages, malfunctions and the condition of the electric vehicle.
- If faults occur, the product must not be used until it has been repaired.
- The customer or a service technician can replace wearing parts (e.g. tyres, brake pads).
- Defects that require the electric vehicle to be unlocked must be reported to the seller.
- Like other vehicles, electric vehicles must be serviced regularly.
ota yhteyttä sivulta.If you have any questions about the warranty terms and conditions, please contact our support team either via live chat or email. Warranty conditions updated 03.10.2023.